A new year is just around the corner and people start planning their New Year Resolutions. Most choose: losing weight, a career change, new hairstyle, quitting smoking, and finally taking a vacation. Unlike the common choices, how about some realistic changes that will help with progressing your strengths and working on your weaknesses. I like to write out a list of my Top 25 Do’s or Dont’s. Like 25 ways to get you that new job, steps you’re going to take to lose weight, what you did wrong or right in your current-past relationship. Anything that you feel will improve yourself in preparation for the new year.
Here’s my list:
- Stay consistent with my blog
- Use my reminders on my phone more
- Learn to take constructive criticism
- Cut back on eating deserts
- Get regular teeth cleanings
- Join a book club
- Stay consistent with my vitamins
- Save more money
- Stop procrastinating and just do it
- Play with make-up more (I hardly ever wear make-up)
- Use public transportation when available (Gas is so high ugh)
- Meditate for 10 minutes each day
- Actively get involved with more social media sites
- Get rid of clothes in my closet, that I know I am not ever going to wear
- Workout 5 days a week
- Learn Spanish
- Volunteer my time more to a charity
- Call my family more
- Write a to do list everyday
- Be an even better girlfriend
- Use my cooking books more
- Manage my time better
- Lose 10 pounds
- New stamp in my passport
- Get that tattoo I have always wanted.
As you see my list is pretty much all over the place but these are the things that I want to carry out in 2014. I suggest printing them out and posting them somewhere you can see daily. Once you complete some of your goals mark them off to show yourself how awesome you are for completing it. Doing these steps towards becoming the new-you will give you peace of mind, improve your health, gain more productivity, and help you reach your goals. What do you look forward to working towards next year?
- Getting Ready for the New Year! (lifeenjoyingjesus.wordpress.com)
- How to make realistic New Year’s resolutions (pottsmerc.com)
Started my week with an intense cardio workout in my living room. I wanted to stay in bed when my alarm clock went off this morning. Jumping straight out the bed-got dress to force myself to wake up. I was able to get 45 minutes done and over with for the day. We all have busy schedules-although getting a good workout to begin your day helps to release happy endorphins and natural energy.
After my work out I refueled my body with: scrambled eggs, spinach, onions, turkey sausages, and a potassium banana. Now I’m ready to take on what’s in store for me today!
Do you plan on working out today?
How do you choose your running shoes? Do you choose by style of the shoes or the quality? Shopping for running shoes this weekend I came across Nike Roshe Run. Cute, lightweight, and comfortable. A collection with variety of style to choose from! You can even make your own custom pair with NikeiD. These are definitely a pair of shoes added to my wish list!
What are your go to running shoes to get a good workout in?
Use hashtag #Mondayme.
- Running shoe technology, the old school/new school debate (downtowncoremag.com)
- The Coolest Sneakers You’ll See This Holiday Season: The Nike Flyknit Lunar 1+ (shefinds.com)
- Running Shoe Woes (lindseysadventuresinwonderland.wordpress.com)
Taking care of yourself should be number one. It is important to feel good about yourself. Focusing on yourself inward helps to create a better exterior. Everyone wants to look good, but feeling good is even more important. This part of the blog will improve both the way you look and feel. Everyone comes up with excuses about why they can not work out or eat well, but the fact of the matter is neither of these really take that much time, it just takes effort and dedication.
We want to be there during this struggle! Making a life change can be extremely challenging, but as long as you have support, you can do it! We encourage you to challenge others to make this life change with you. Invite friends, family and co-workers to embark on this journey with you. A little competition makes it almost impossible to quit. Each week we will challenge you to be the best YOU; through: recipes, fitness challenges and activities. Share your accomplishments with hashtags #Mondayme
by Elise R.